5.11.2009

Precious Words!

Tomorrow morning, Matt will have a ct scan to determine if he has t-cell lymphoma. We got a call last week that this could be a possibility and we have really been struggling with the thought of cancer. We were also told that he has Wilsons disease. It is a disease that has to do with your body not getting rid of copper and it builds up in your organs. We don't know much about it other than it is rare. I know Matt is strong and that we can beat this but it just doesn't seem right that we are having to go through this.

For Christmas, my mother in law framed a hand written sermon note from Matt's dad who passed away in 2005. He was a long time Southern Baptist preacher in Arkadelphia. His words could make anyone feel better. When she gave us this, I was very moved by his words but it wasn't until this week that his words really meant something to me. In church on Sunday Lisa passed the actual copy to me and I felt an instant peace. We now have this framed sermon note hanging in our bathroom so that we can read it everyday! I am so thankful I grew up learning the words of God from Gary Turner. I just wanted to share these precious words with all of you!! Hopefully they will help someone as much as they have helped me!


There is NOTHING - no circumstance - no trouble - no testing - that can ever touch me, until first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through me.

If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose - which I may not understand at the moment, but as I refuse to become panicky - as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the Throne Of God - for some great purpose of Blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me.

No trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is. That is “The Rest of Victory”.

Also there are many of Matt's dad's sermons on his website available to download. garyturnerministries.net Go check it out!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Julee - I just sat and prayed for Matt. I know you must be so scared. Those words from your FIL are so good and true - exactly how I felt when we thought Harper might die. God is going to use Matt.
I'm praying for good results and peace on the two of you.

Cara Beth said...

Julee, my heart goes out to you and Matt. I'm praying for ya'll daily. If you want, I can add ya'll to the Arkansas Baptist Convention's prayer list. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know!

Amanda said...

Julee, we heard about this possibility and have been praying for you guys. We love Matt and you and the Turners so much! That sermon is such a treasure, it brought tears to my eyes. God is so powerful! Take care!

Jennifer said...

I just cried reading that thinking that Gary had no idea you and Matt were going to be where you are today. No idea the word cancer would be used in the same sentence with Matt's name. No idea what the next few months might look like, but GOD DOES. You know we are ready to walk it with y'all! We love you both so much! I'm praying so hard for you today.

Angela Cliff and Sam said...

Julee...I'm so sorry to hear about this possibility. Julie let me know what was going on a few days ago and I have been praying for you both.

Angela

Jill said...

That couldn't be more beautifully written and more true.
You and Matt both are so strong. Remember God said he will never give you more than you can handle. I am here for you and Matt every step of the way. I love you and Matt both so much!

Sydney said...

Julee,
When Matt told us this possibilty I told him I believe in the power of prayer! And I really DO! I want you to know we are praying for you and Matt. If you need anything (and I really mean it) please let us know. I'm praying for peace for you and Matt and good results.

The Lewis Family said...

Julee, I am reading your post with tears in my eyes....We are praying SO hard for you guys...I hope all turns out well, keep us posted.

Amo said...

The sermon is beautiful and so true! I am glad it brought you peace during such an uncertain time. I didn't know about this...I will be praying for you and Matt.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Just prayed for you and Matt. What great words from your father-in-law to hold on to!

Evelyn said...

Julee~ You and Matt are forever in my prayers! Reading your post reminds how much I miss hearing Brother Gary preach! Please know we are thinking of you and hoping and praying for the VERY BEST! Love you and Miss seeing you:)

Josh and Kate said...

Josh and I have been praying for you an Matt. I can't imagine how you are feeling today. Those words that your FIL wrote are SO true!!! Praying for healing and peace.

Superchikk said...

It's awesome that Matt has his Dad's encouragement right now! I am praying for you guys!

trixie said...

Julee:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Matt. Our God is an Awesome God. Thanks for sharing the sermon.
God Bless you both! Don & Grace Thompson

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Julee...

I just clicked over from Ashley Bowden's blog. She was a friend of mine in Arkadelphia, and I just realized that you're married to Gary Turner's son. My husband pastored Second Baptist there for several years before we moved to Colorado...and we were so, SO sad when he died. SUCH a great guy and such sweet words in that note to hold on to!

I will pray for your husband. I hope that you get the answers you need need, and that you experience peace in the meantime. Hang in there!

Meredith

Unknown said...

Julee, I'm just catching up on all of this. Thank you for sharing those amazing words from your father-in-law. It's amazing how our God works...when you received that beautiful gift at Christmas, you never could have known how much comfort and peace and encouragement those words would give you in this situation. I am praying for y'all.