8.10.2011

The nursery!

Before I got pregnant, I dreamed of designing a nursery for my future baby! Then it was finally time do that and I have struggled making decisions and figuring out what exactly I want to do! But Preslee's nursery is coming right along! I finally was able to make some decisions!

First, I chose the crib and bedding! Those are the only two things that have come in, and I love them both!! The simple modern bedding is exactly what I wanted. I plan to bring in some pinks with the accessories!


This is a pic of the bedding but in Christina Applegate's nursery! I love how clean and simple it looks!

This past weekend, I found this dresser and along with a matching nightstand that had feet, similar to the crib so I went ahead and ordered those along with the glider! The glider color is about the same color as the bed skirt (taupe/gray).
I had a hard time with gliders because I really wanted a super modern one but they are so dang expensive!! I ended up choosing this one because it was a much more reasonable price and still had a little modern style too it. (This is the glider just not the same fabric.)
My uncle and Papaw are also building me a armoire! The room we are using is an office and it actually doesn't have a closet so the piece they are making will have double hanging rods and a big drawer at the bottom. They are almost done with it and I can't wait to go to Tennessee in September and pick it up!

I am going to use the extra hall closet right beside her room for extra stuff. Also, I think that Matt's grandpa is going to make her a bench for a window seat/toy storage! I thought the bench with baskets in the is a cute idea and would be more storage for toys and books! I plan on making it really cute with pillows and pink baskets!
Now the hardest part is finding stuff for the walls! I am getting the room painted a darker taupe color (similar to the bedding) and I just can't decided how and what I am going to accessorize!

So that is all I have for now... I am hoping to get the nursery finished by October so I can enjoy putting away her things after my showers and so it will be perfect for our princess whenever she decides to arrive!

16 comments:

Jere and Cara said...

I love it!

Taylor said...

Sooo pretty! It's seems so clean and elegant! Love the neutral colors and the idea of a few splashes of pink!

Angie said...

I love love love that bedding! So elegant & perfect for your sweet little princess!

Mandy said...

Simple, clean, modern. I LOVE it!!

nicole said...

Oh I love everything!! Now can you spill where you are getting things from?? I love that crib!!

Cory said...

Looks and sounds like you are having fun. :)

Warf pary of 3 said...

hey julie, love what you have picked out for your little one. i have been looking at gliders as well and have found them to be extremely expensive, to much for me to pay for baby #2. anyway where did you buy yours from? what brand? if its more reasonable then what you have been looking at i would love to look into it. just email me if you can.
twwarf@yahoo.com
thanks

The Ormons said...

Hey Julee I love all of your nursery items you have picked. I am 4 weeks behind you with my second child, but first girl. I am also looking for a glider and they are so expensive. Where did you end up finding yours?

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Your nursery is going to be gorgeous! You have such great taste! Can't wait to see the final results.

Kat said...

I love the nursery looks! We went for white furniture as well because it looks so nice and clean.

Missy said...

LOVE the bedding! It is going to be a beautiful nursery...cannot wait to see the finished product!!

Courtney said...

I am redoing my older daughter's room and I love the dresser and need a matching nightstand as well. Can you share a website where I could check it out? thanks so much!!

dave and jenn said...

I love it, Julee!

spiritmom said...

your excitement puts a lump in my throat. You will be a wonderful mommy.

China Doll said...

Your nursery will be so beautiful! I would also love to know where you got your glider :)

Lisa said...

Maybe some cute vinyl decals from Uppercase Living? That's what we did in my son's room