10.28.2011

Our hometown shower!

Matt and I were blessed with a hometown baby shower Sunday in Arkadelphia! Both of us had been looking forward to this day for quite a while. Matt's dad was the pastor of our church for 27 years before he passed away in 2005 after a battle with leukemia.
Over that period of time, we developed some very close relationships with many people at Third Street Baptist. And even though we haven't seen some of them in a long time, they showed up in big numbers to shower us with generosity.
And they weren't alone either. A lot of our family members and good friends from Arkadelphia also attended the shower. We had a huge turnout and were completely overwhelmed by all the gifts we received!

I guess they know how much I love sweets because there were lots of chocolate treats and some really tasty pink punch!
The diaper cake was too cute!! It was made for a Princess, topped with a tiara! :)
These were the cutest bloomers ever on the back side of the diaper cake!
Cute display of candies!
These cake balls on a stick were pretty much to die for! YUMMY!
I had actually seen this plate before and always thought it was so cute! It's extra special with that baby on top! :)
I thought this "Midnight Messages to Matt" was the cutest idea ever!
All the guests wrote special notes to Matt on Preslee's diapers.
Hopefully, these diaper messages will provide a laugh when Matt is groggy in the middle of the night on diaper duty!
Matt and his pretty momma!
She is so excited about finally getting a girl to spoil after having 2 boys!
I was so excited to see my sweet and long-time friend Kara! She coached me in cheerleading and gymnastics when I was in middle school!
She was also an EEE at Ouachita before I was, and she got Preslee this precious gown!! (The EEE sorority mascot is Mickey)
I'm not sure there are words to say how grateful I am for all these baby gifts! I was completely overwhelmed while opening presents for a full 2 hours! But it was SO much fun!
I mean come on....how could I not have fun opening cute things like this?!
Sweet Blaise was also there and helped me open a few gifts! She's excited about Miss Preslee coming and I can't wait to see Blaise and her brother Cabb with our sweet little girl!
My childhood best friends, Kristin and Tizzie helped host my shower! I love these girls so much and I never could have dreamed about the time we would all be mothers!! Kristin is due Jan. 9th with Miss Elliott and Tizzie is about celebrate Gus' first birthday on December 10th! I might cry when we finally get all our kids together!

After the shower, we packed up and headed home with a car full of goodies!! I was so exhausted but couldn't wait to get everything into the nursery!
I loved reopening all the gifts and reading through all the notes on the diapers!
This one really made me smile! :)
I almost don't want to use these diapers because they are just so funny!

It was the perfect baby shower that I had always wanted and we'll never forget it! Going "home" is always special but after the seeing all the sweet details of the shower and feeling all the love and support from our Arkadelphia friends, I'm really just so grateful for growing up in such a great town!

10 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats again! I know for me getting home and going through everything again in the nursery was the best part. It really gave me time to reflect and see how blessed I was!

Carrie said...

So fun! You are very lucky to have such sweet friends and family to celebrate with you. I love the idea of the "Midnight Messages!" I think I'm going to suggest this to my sister for my baby shower! And of course, you look so cute!!!

Nancy said...

What a precious shower! Those diaper notes are a great idea! Looks like such a beautiful shower!! So excited for your posts when she arrives!

Jessica said...

That ice cream outfit it so die for cute!! : )

Jere and Cara said...

Looks like you had another GREAT shower! Preslee is going to be ALL dolled up :) I STILL have your present that I need to send. Promise to do that super soon! Arkadelphia IS a great town. Not every town would come together that like that for you, ya know? I love that little town. And I too am grateful to call it "home".

Kim said...

Congrats! I just have to say you are such a darling pregnant woman. Every time I see your weekly pregnancy updates, you just look so cute!

Sarah-Anne said...

oh i LOVE that diaper msg idea. totally filing it away for later on down the road!

Kara Oosterhous said...

Love ya Julee Bell! You got some great loot, I'm so glad I got to see you before baby Preslee arrives! You know I am going to be on your mamma's doorstep when you bing P home for the first time! I'm so excited for you and Matt and I know he is going to be the best daddy and you the most wonderful little mamma! Hugs!

Sarah said...

Every time I see pictures of your different showers I think, "she has the sweetest friends!!"

Maybe you could make a diaper wreath like one of those wreaths made out of greeting cards so you can keep the diapers for a while! :)

Lauren said...

Oh Julee, Preslee is so so loved. Can't wait to see her!!!!!! And so so sad I missed seeing you in AR :(