Happy 2 months Preslee Bell Turner!
Things to remember about Preslee's second month:
- You weigh 9 pounds this week! You are now gaining about an ounce a day!
- You are still wearing newborn diapers and newborn clothes.
- You are breastfeeding exclusively and doing much better. You take a bottle of breast milk very easily if we are out and about!
- You are nursing for 45 min- every 3 hours during the day and but started sleeping 5-6 hour stretches in the 2nd month. And the week you turned 8 weeks you are only waking once in a 12 hour period at night! Momma is loving the sleep at night!
- After you nurse, you are SO sweet!! You are talking so much and love to raise your eyebrows and try to make the noises we are making to you!
- The day you turned 5 weeks old, we moved you to your crib! You still sleep on the nap nanny (incline) but inside the crib.
- You are swaddled in the miracle blanket every time you sleep in the crib! You fight it for a few minutes but it helps keep you asleep since your arms like to be in the air!
- You were diagnosed with reflux at 5 weeks and have been on 15mg of Prevacid a day.
- We give you mylicon for gas, mylanta for reflux and gripe water for hiccups! You take all of it very well!
- Your still fussy when your tired but I think your painful fussiness is a little better now!
- You still don't always love the swing but you have taken a few naps in it. You really like your bright pink bouncy seat/rocker that has hanging toys. And you still LOVE laying on your changing pad! Thats where we do all our talking!
- You try to swat/reach for toys on your bouncer and activity mat.
- We still try to give you a pacifier but you just don't suck hard enough to keep it in your mouth.
- At 7 weeks, you rolled over from your belly to your back! Nanny and Pop were here and LiLi just happened to be on FaceTime so everyone got to see it! Special moment!
- You are getting to be so alert during the day and noticing so many things!
- You have great neck control and hold your head up so well!
- Your hair is growing and so far you haven't lost any!
- You found your hands and have started to suck on your fist! I wish you would suck your thumb since you still don't love the paci!
- You don't normally love your carseat but at 7 weeks old, you slept all the way to Arkadelphia and back!
- You have found the living room big tv and will watch it for long periods of time!
- You really enjoy your bath and sleep so good after your bedtime bath!
- You have started to really smile at mommy and daddy! You recognize our voices and we just love when you talk to us!
- Your 2 month doctors appt. was this week and you cried harder than I have ever seen when you got your shots but were quickly settled down by immediately nursing! I gave you tylenol every 4 hours and thankfully you had no side effects from the shots!
Cute ruffle booty and really crazy hair! :)
Preslee- This month has been so much easier for mommy! I have loved every day with you, even the fussy ones! You are my little doll and I love dressing you up even when we have no where to go! I love you more than words can say!