3.16.2010

Weekend recap and some organizing!

This weekend, my mom and Kota came to visit. Like I said in the previous post, Mom and I went to Tulsa on Saturday and planned to shop and eat but ended up at the car dealership longer than we had anticipated! We did make it to Utica Square and ate at Queenies. We had a great time and I really enjoyed spending the day together!

Meanwhile... Kota and Romeo kept Matt company! :)

Kota was so sweet this weekend! He loves visiting our house and playing with Romeo! Isn't he so cute?!


Sadly... I took no pics of mom and me or of anything we bought! But before mom left, we went to Target and this is what she bought for us! I love Easter candy!! She also brought me Thin mint girl scout cookies! YUMMY !


After mom left, I got the urge to clean my bathroom! I never have that kind of urge so I figured I better jump on it! HA!


This is the after shot!! I should have taken a before picture but just think of lots of product bottles all over the counter and a gross layer of hair spray on the countertops!!

I bought these little shelves at Target. They are actually wall shelves with a towel rack below but I thought it also served well as a on the counter shelf! This allows us to keep out the products we use on a every day basis.

I think I am what you would call a "product junkie"! To my defense, I work in the beauty world so I have lots of hair products but I am just like my mom and we LOVE trying new products!

I even went so far and organized my drawers! I know I am going a little overboard with the pics but I am just so glad I did this and maybe it will motivate some of you who need to do some spring organizing! :)

I used some baskets and even some plastic leftover containers to separate my items in the top drawer. This is my skin product, eye wear/contact supplies, and miscellaneous drawer!

Obviously this is my hair drawer! :) Organizing tip: Put a clip around all your hair rubber bands to them to hold them together.

This is my extras and nail drawer!


My next feat will be our closet. I really love closet organization! I have told Matt that if we ever move to a bigger city that has a California Closet Company or something similar that I want to quit doing hair and organize people's closets!

This is a google picture but its so just so lovely! Maybe one day, I will have a closet that looks like this that I designed on my own! :)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

don't you just love the feeling of being productive?!?

everything looks great :o)

Mallory said...

Looks great! Makes me want to go home and CLEAN! :)

Auntie D said...

Ok...so now I want to go home and organize my bathroom drawers and under the sinks.....you did a fabulous job! :)

Jennifer said...

I just had a heart attack.:)Maybe I am finally rubbing off on you. Haha! It looks great!

Kimberly said...

Your Mom is good to you buying you all the Easter candy and Girl Scout cookies!

Jill said...

Wow! I have never seen your counter tops before! Just kidding...it does look really good!
We are just alike on the product junkies. What's my excuse?!

Cheri said...

Thanks for the inspiration - you did a great job! I love organizing and it feels SO good afterward. I used to stage people's houses and it was so much fun - but when I was done, they often didn't want to move because of all the extra space they never knew they had. lol

Kristen said...

Looks great - makes me want to go do mine. I have locks on my drawers that Lauren has figured out (!!!!) and she gets into my makeup, etc. Daily. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to find my mascara on Sunday and you can bet I'm not going out without it!