Getting closer to being caught up! Better late than never...
Things to remember about Preslee's first month:
- You had trouble gaining weight this month but by 4 weeks you were a little over 7 pounds. You got down to 6.3 & stayed at 6.7 for over a week.
- We had to supplement with formula/or expressed breast milk after nursing for a week because of your poor weight gain.
- You had jaundice but after getting your bowels going, it went away quickly! :)
- You started out in premie diapers and few premie clothes but within the first 2 weeks you were wearing newborn diapers and newborn clothes.
- You are breastfeeding even though its a challenge. You are nursing every 3 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. I have to wake you in the night to make sure that you are eating enough to gain weight. We are both very tired during those night feedings!
- You sleep on the nap nanny (incline) inside the cradle, beside our bed! I hear all your noises so I don't sleep well.
- You are pretty fussy baby and only have a few content times during the day.
- You don't like the swing or bouncy seat but LOVE laying on your changing pad!
- We try to give you a pacifier but you just don't seem to like it.
- We think you have great head & neck control for such a tiny baby!
- Your grandmothers have been helping with us all month and they love to rock you to sleep!
- You made your first road trip to Arkadelphia.
- We celebrated your first Christmas and New Years.
- Your brother Romeo seems to really be ok with you being in our house. He doesn't like when you cry really hard and will come running in the room to look at you!
Preslee- You are the most beautiful baby girl we have ever seen! We can't believe you are ours and can't wait to see how you grow each month!