8.17.2012

Big Changes & Exciting News!

I'm so sorry I've been absent from the blog lately but life has been crazy the last month!

Preslee is keeping us really busy, especially now that she's so mobile. We've also been out of town quite a bit lately. However, I'm planning to catch up on some events I haven't been able to share and the biggest news is the fact that Matt has been hired as the evening news anchor at KTHV (CBS) in Little Rock!

So after nine years working as a sports anchor and news anchor in Northwest Arkansas, Matt has been given a great opportunity to be the main news anchor at a fantastic TV station that's in a larger market and closer to home!

Along with it being his dream job, this move also means we'll live less than one hour away from our families in Arkadelphia! As you can imagine, they're very excited about being able to see Preslee more often and now they can watch Matt every night on the news!

I'm extremely proud of my husband and wanted to share the press release "Today's THV" released today about Matt.

Click HERE to read the announcement and tell your friends to start watching Channel 11 because Matt wants to help the station gain as many viewers as possible!

So there's a quick update about our family! I will hopefully get back to blogging on a regular basis very soon!


14 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats to Matt!!! What a great opportunity for him and your family! I'm sure I speak for many people when I say we will miss you in NWA and I will definently miss seeing Matt on the news each night!

Best of luck with everything!!

Lauren said...

That's really exciting, Julee. =) Congratulations to Matt! (And YEA! for being closer to family!!!)

Nancy said...

So excited for you! My parents are about an hour away & it is so nice to be close since we have kids! Congrats to your hubby!! This is a new exciting chapter for your family!! Hope your house sells quickly!

Linds said...

I was SO sad to see Matt leave, but I'm excited for yall being closer to your family! Good luck in your new journey!

ginacate said...

Congrats on the job & upcoming move! Can't wait to watch him. Consider one viewer gained!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! So happy for your family!!

mariel said...

congrats! that's so exciting!

Amy said...

That's great news. Congrats.

Amber said...

So excited for you! I always loved watching Matt on the news when I lived in Fayetteville. It is crazy how I have "missed" my news anchors since I have moved. I will have to start watching Channel 11 now!

Cara Beth said...

So excited for y'all! :)

Cory said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

labride said...

Awesome news! Congrats!

Erin said...

Wow congratulations. I will be tuning in.

Heather said...

Julee! Wow, I haven't read blogs in a few weeks, so I'm sorry for being behind on this Great news and late Congratulations! Best wishes on your move down. I know you're excited, overwhelmed, and probably a mess trying to pack :) My best friend works at Ch. 11 - her name is Lauren! I think she enjoys it there :) so I hope Matt does as well. See you around LR!